After you clicked Edit in menu Pages the system goes to the window of the visual editing of the page. The window contains areas edited by the visual editor. You can “recognize” the being edited area in that way: there is a call button for the visual (WYSIWYG) editor in the left upper corner of each area.
The work in the visual editor M1 Word.Java is performed by means of such menus:
- Click on this button, and the work of the visual editor will start. Using it you can create and improve the content of the page without operating at the level of HTML-code.
If the visual editor of the type M1 Word.Java (tab Profile) is chosen by you, the system will start this editor.
- Before start of the editor the inquiry window concerning verification of the editor on your computer appears on the screen. For the most valuable work within the system you should chose the answer Grant always. In case of this answer there will be no inquires about verification during next work seances. Other variants of answer are possible when the work of the visual editor is limited:
- Grant this session — the work with the editor only in the current session;
- Deny — rejection of the verification, work possibilities will be limited;
- View certificate — demonstration of the certification.
- After the answer to the verification inquiry the editor window opens on the screen.
In addition to pull down menus there is a line with buttons for the quick call of actions. The graphical image on these buttons corresponds to actions in the menu. Moreover, the automatic prompt message for this button works by the selection of the button.
- File — storing of the information and exit from the editor;
- Edit — cancellation of operations, copying, deleting and text highlighting;
- View — the view of the text in HTML-format;
- Insert — insert links and other elements;
- Format — actions on text formatting;
- Tables — creating and editing of tables;
Menu FileActions on saving of the content of the being edited area are performed.
- Press the button Save. Then in order to exit from the visual editor press Exit in the same menu.
- The system goes to the window of review and editing. In this window the page has the similar appearance as for the visitor of web site. There is a name of the page and its attributes in the right upper corner of the window. In the same rectangle there are buttons to save the page giving it the appointed status.
In the system Xitex WebContent M1 such statutes of pages are possible:
- Published. ready and approved page.
- Draft. the page is still in the stage of the development.
- Awaiting for approval. the page is ready, but is not yet approved by the editor.
- Declined. the page was ready for the approval of the editor, but was declined and directed to the revision.
- After exit from the visual editor the author of the page can select one of three variants of actions with a page:
- Save as a draft version — the page is placed in the common list and will have the status Draft;
- Ready for approval of the editor — the message that the page is ready for examination of the editor;
- Back — exit from the window of review and editing without changing the status of the page.
Menu EditActions on correcting of the text:
- Undo, Redo — cancellation of the last performed action, repetition of the action after its cancellation.
- Cut, Copy, Paste — procedures of exchange with buffer store.
- Select all — highlighting of the whole text.
- Delete — removal of the marked fragment.
- Insert text — Text insertion without tags
- Insert from MS Word — Fragment insertion from MS Word editor
- Delete the tags — Deletion of HTML-coding from a page
- Autoformat — Deletion of incorrectlyworking codes
Menu ViewYou can review the page in the window of the browser. Select the menu View and press View in browser. At that, the page will be open in the separate window of the browser.
Moreover, there is a possibility to review HTML-code type of the prepared text. It can be performed by means of the button View in the menu Web document.
Menu insertInsertion of the external link
- In order to create the link to the external resource, please fill in fields in the form offered to you by the system:
- Address in Internet — the address of the resource in Internet with elements of protocol, for example, http://..., ftp://..., //
- Text of the link — text placed in the area where the link is set.
- Target — variants of resource location after the conversion in the browser:
_blank in the new window;
_parent in the parent window;
_self in the same window;
_top in the first opened window as regards this one.
- Tab Index — the order of elements activization according to the button <Tab>.
- Title — text of the pop-up help.
- Access key — key or combination of keys for element activization of this link.
- In order to check the correctness of resource address place the mark in the line Check the existing of the entered Internet address.
- Press ÎÊ.
Insert the link into the page of web site
Action is similar to the previous one. Here you can create the link in order to go to the resource within the internal structure of web site.
- In the opened window on “web site tree” mark the forwarding page.
- In the lower line enter the text of this link.
- Press ÎÊ.
- Select the required image in the list.
- The selected graphical object can be scaled.
- Mark the image in the line and press the button OK.
- This element will be placed in the text of the page being created.
Here you can to select any resource for insertion (graphic, text, or other):
- Distinguish the required resource in the "web-site tree".
- Click OK.
Also you can here add missing resource in the system , please:
- Click Load.
- At the "web-site tree" distinguish a section where the resource be placed.
- In the Upload line input resource address.
- Click OK. You may add some resources one-by-one to repeat actions i.3 — i.4.
- Click Renew. Resources will be added in picked section.
Insert the line
Draw a horizontal line in the place where the indicator is from the left to the right border of the page.
Insert a break
In the place where the indicator is the text break is performed with a line feed.
Menu Format and its attributesAttribute Text
- Paragraph — a paragraph will be created in the text;
- Address — a special format for outlet of contact information;
- Heading 1 — format of the heading with the most upper level;
Heading 6 — format of the heading with the most lower level.
Inputting the text you can choose between three types of the font:
Attribute Size of the font
The font has seven types of size that is appointed for distinguished fragment after inputting of the text.
At the entry you can assign three types of alignment:
Attributes of the highlighted text
- at the right border
- at the left border
- on centre
At the entry you can highlight the text by means of three types of highlighting:
Attribute of the index setting
In the text you can enter little symbols that differ by sight as upper and lower indexes.
- Press the button Insert table.
- In order to create a table fill in following lines:
- Number of lines and columns;
- Width and height of the tables (in pixels or percentages to the size of the sheet);
- Color of the font (for choice);
- Infill, i.e. space between the frame and data in pixels;
- Space — distance between cells in pixels;
- The width of the frame in pixels;
- The way of data alignment within the table;
- Press ÎÊ.