Xitex WebContent M1 is developed for Java 2 platform (J2EE) and it uses MySQL for data storage. Java 2 makes the product very powerful and effective! Our CMS is scalable, operational system independable, and reliable.
The server requirements regarding program part (all software are free of charge) are as follows:
The server minimum requirements regarding hardware are as follows:
- Any operational system with JRE 1.4.2 realization (Win*, Linux, FreeBSD, MacOS, Solaris, etc.). Most of our users usually prefer Windows 2000, Red Hat 6.2, Red Hat 9.0, ASP Linux 7.3.
- Application server, which supports Servlet 2.3/JSP 1.2 specification. Tomcat 4.1.29 is recommended for usage.
- Web server. You don't have to use a separate web server if the application server is able to perform as a web server as well. We recommend any version of Apache with JK connector.
- The minimum size of virtual memory should be 128 Mb. We recommend JDK 1.4.2_03 with launch in server mode.
- Database is MySQL 3.23 and higher.
- Pentium 3.
- RAM 256Mb.
- 10 Mb of free space on hard disc for program itself. Additional need of hard disc space depends on quantity and size of web-sites served by CMS.
You have not to buy extra expensive software! It is not necessary for Xitex WebContent M1 to use dedicated server.
For client PC only any web-browser is needed (IE 6.0, Netscape 6, Mozilla, Opera 7.0, etc).
Clients computer configuration depends only on web-browser you use. So, if you can browse web on your computer it can be used as a client PC to Xitex WebContent M1.